In 1922 Elco Tool and Screw was founded in Rockford, IL, primarily to supply wood screws to the then booming local furniture manufacturing business. Over the next several decades the company continued to grow, constantly finding new markets and developing its fastener manufacturing capabilities. In the mid 1960’s a new facility was built and the name was changed to Elco Industries Inc.
As the business continued to grow through the 70’s and 80’s, so did the plant. This growth, and supplying product to several distinct markets, prompted management to accommodate additional growth by physically splitting the different market segments into stand alone facilities. That led to the creation, in 1984, of Elco Construction Products (ECP) and its move to the Falcon Road address in Rockford, IL. The original products were self-drilling screws and masonry screw anchors.
In the Fall of 2008 the operations on Falcon Road closed to allow expansion of manufacturing, warehousing and customer support services to the Infastech Decorah, Iowa Operations campus. Increased capabilities in Decorah better position Elco Construction Products to serve a global market.
Today’s product offering has greatly expanded since inception of Elco Construction Products in 1984. Elco products can be found on some of the world's most notable structures and available globally. As we move into the future Elco Construction Products is committed to continue our heritage of developing innovative fastening technologies for metal and concrete applications.